Monday, February 28, 2011

Coleman Project Part 1

 Group Members:
Be
Chris
Cindy
Ian
Julia
Rachel 
and myself

First things first, I would like to say that working with 6 others plus myself is pretty challenging especially when it comes to agree on something specific because everyone has their own style and opinions. But other than that I personally think we work efficient as a group. We are very organized, open minded, and we thoroughly think through ideas. 

I have actively participated in the discussions and made some personal notes and drawings. I have proposed a couple ideas of bringing the outdoors indoors. I was leaning towards utilizing the natural resources (outdoors) for an appliance. I didn't really go into specific ideas because i wanted to keep an open mind. I feel though the market industry for this isn't really big since people buy appliances every 5 or so years.

To start off, the "Coleman Project," we as a group all went around and brainstormed what we thought Coleman as a company meant to us and to its customers. This was to start the thinking process but not to get stuck on a specific idea for a product. From there we sort of collaborated as a group to get a couple good sentences on what Coleman stands for. From there we each came up with a concept or two on how Coleman can leap into the "indoor goods" market. We then categorized different indoor good markets and we looked for problems within these categories. After that we wanted to identify what demographic the user should be/who we should market to.




No comments:

Post a Comment