Monday, February 7, 2011

A trip to the library

1. To start off I wait to leave my house until the rain/ice has stopped.
2. Once leaving the house i turn to make sure the door is locked.
3. I then watch my step coming down the stairs since the stairs have a layer of ice on them.
4. I continue to look at the ground and watch my step since the driveway is also ice.
5. I almost fall but catch my balance.
6. Then i slide down the rest of the driveway like i have ice skates on.
7. I then plug my earphones in my ears and turn on a jam.
8. I shuffle through a couple songs and find the song i want which is Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Sheppard Band
9. I decide to walk past the bus stop because it sort of wakes me up.
10. So i start ti head down my back alley way and i notice our neighbors trash can is in the road.
11. I then text him letting him know.
12. While my hand was out i couldn't help but notice how cold it was on my bare hand.
13. While continuing to watch every step and walk i slipped my phone back into my pocket.
14. I looked down the road and noticed how slow everyone was walking.
15. I then came to the conclusion that the sidewalks are going to suck walking on due to the fact that they are straight ice.
16. I then realize this walk is going to take twice as long than normal.
17. So i headed down the Lane Ave, and happen to  notice some individuals walking in the road.
18. I also feel bad for the peoples cars for being iced over. I have a garage so i don't have to deal with that.
19. Once down Lane Ave i get to High St and notice it seems to be dead which is rare.
20. I then walk across the street and turn to my left and see some girl fall. I couldn't help it, i laughed.
21. While walking on campus i notice signs reading "watch for falling ice"
22. I also notice the bus stops have been packed, i guess no one wants to walk.
23. While walking i notice the trees crackling and breaking because the ice is too much for them.
24. The trees are very beautiful. They seem to glisten from the ice.
25. I then change my song, not feeling it.
26. I notice some heavy machinery being brought in.
27. I feel bad for the construction workers who are working in this crappy weather
28. I wonder why OSU waits to do all the construction in the winter.
29. There also seems to be a waterline break or something because there is water everywhere.
30. Also the oval seems to be dead today. Many people probably said screw school today.
31. Being an architecture student, i love the building on the south side of the oval that is a Romanesque style and the tower on it is beautiful.
32. These type of buildings catch my eye.
33. I also notice whats left of a male reproductive organ made of snow in the middle of the oval.
34. I can't help it but smile and sort of laugh.
35. I see the Thompkins statue and wonder why he has a statue.
36. I'll have to look that up later.
37. I also then think of Gordan Gee being self center. And i think that because:
38. He said that TCU doesn't deserve to go to the national championship because they don't play anyone tough.
39. I bet he will make something to commemorate himself.
40. I approach the front door and open it. The door is pretty heavy.
41. I walk up the half flight of stairs and walk through the security things. I can hear a ring through my ipod when i go through them.
42. I touch the statues head for good luck.
43. The library is very open.
44. It has a lot of natural sunlight.
45. I'd compare it to Plan Libre by Le Corbusier
46. That is good it saves on the bills and creates a natural atmosphere.
47. I start to walk up the steps and notice the lights are under the steps. That is a unique look.
48. I also notice the library is very symmetric. Makes it easy to find things.
49. I can't help but notice that my legs are burning.
50. I finally find a seat and it is looking out over south campus and its a beautiful view with everything glistening

No comments:

Post a Comment